Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chiropractic..."Built-In" Healthcare

built-in
adj 
        1. made or incorporated as an integral part 
        2. essential; inherent
When I was a kid growing up in Miami there were two kinds of swimming pools - above-ground and built-ins (for some reason we didn't call them "in-ground" yet). And all built-ins were concrete...no vinyl and no fiberglass. I remember my neighbors putting in a built-in as we watched from our circular, four-foot-high, above-ground, vinyl-lined "pool' with a rickety wooden deck.  I always wanted a built-in.  Built-ins had slides and diving boards and underwater lights and you never had to worry about falling out of them. They looked so....permanent.  I recently looked at my old neighborhood on Google Maps and found it interesting that the houses that had built-ins when I was a kid still have them 40 years later.
It's kinda like that with health too. When we make our health habits "built-in" they just seem so effortless.  So permanent.  When eating right and exercise are part of  a lifestyle, we don't have to try so hard. It's just normal to do these things as healthy behaviors.  Being a membership practice has allowed our patients to see Chiropractic this way, too. Weekly adjustments to remove nerve interference for a greater expression of life. Integral. Essential. Built-in. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment